Sunday November 26, 2023
448 Epsom Road
Gabriel Kirley & Leah Collins & Cindi Boychuk
Language/ Cultural Consultant
FestAble returns to Flemington’s Crown Street Stables on Sunday, 26 November from 11am to 3pm.
FestAble is a free event for everyone, to recognise and celebrate the 15% of Moonee Valley’s residents living with disability*, along with their families, carers and friends, in a day of music, dance, art, sport, inspiration and inclusion.
It’s a day for people of all abilities and talents to take centre stage – and shine!
Inside the Crown Street Stables and surrounding Coronet Park, there will be a huge range of fun and inclusive activities, including:
- an art exhibition with local artists Patrick Francis and Sue Armstrong
- Dhumnya Walan-walan (yarning circle) with Wurundjeri Elders
- music from local artists, including Moonee Valley’s very own country musician Johnny Shilo
- dance performance from Leap into Dance
- African coffee
- BBQ/sausage sizzle (vegetarian, gluten-free and halal options available)
- inclusive yoga sessions
- Silent Disco with Guru Dudu
- sporting activities with North Melbourne Football Club, Football Victoria and Avondale FC’s all-abilities soccer program
- face painting, pottery, pot planting, flower crown-making, story times and badgemaking
- a low-sensory quiet space – bring your device and/or headphones
- a carer’s pamper tent
- a live, inclusive public art installation to take part in
- and more!
FestAble also heralds International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD), a United Nations-observed day that occurs every year on 3 December.
Like IDPwD, FestAble aims to challenge the way some people might think about disability, increase public awareness, understanding and recognise the valuable contributions in our community of people with a disability – which in Australia is one in six people.
Guests to this fabulous and free event will be supported by an Auslan interpreter, accessible facilities, and the City of Moonee Valley’s Access and Inclusion team. Members of Moonee Valley’s Disability Advisory Committee will also be on hand for a chat. Bring a picnic and stay for the day!
For more details on the event, see our FAQs, contact email@example.com, or for more information on services in Moonee Valley for people with a disability, visit our Accessible Moonee Valley page.
The event is supported by Carer Gateway, Carers Victoria, Mackillop Family Services, Wild at Heart, Moonee Valley Legal Service, Brotherhood of St Laurence, Special Olympics and MOVE Moonee Valley.