Friday November 10, 2023
Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
25 Collins St,
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Nay King & Kellie Harman
Language/ Cultural Consultant
Liberty Victoria is proud to present the Voltaire Award Dinner 2023, a celebration of free speech and of Liberty Victoria’s continued work to defend and extend civil liberties and human rights throughout Australia.
- Voltaire Human Rights Award – Sophie Trevitt
- Young Voltaire Human Rights Award – Murrawah Johnson and Monique Jeffs
- Empty Chair Human Rights Award – TBA
Liberty has been working since 1936 to extend and defend human rights and freedom.
Each year Liberty Victoria holds its Voltaire Dinner to celebrate free speech.
Thanks for supporting the evening. You are helping to:
- Secure people’s equal rights and oppose any abuse or excessive power by the state.
- Influence public debate and government policy on human rights.
- Support specific cases in defence of civil liberties.
Our annual Voltaire Awards Dinner provides us with an opportunity not only to celebrate successes for human rights, but to promote the challenges we continue to face.